Tuesday, June 19, 2012

 Well I went to therapy yesterday. She is wanting me to start starting at least one discussion. Hum I think she might think I am a little messed up if I told her what I was thinking, how I am feeling and all this sort of stuff. Then on the other side shame and embarrassment seem to prevent me from talking as well. I mean I know she knows that I have had a really messed up life and all, but I do not think she understand to the extent that it has messed me up. I really would like to be able to tell her out loud the things that have happened. The details of my flashbacks. The things my nightmares are made of. I am just afraid I guess that she will look at me and say that this is even beyond her to be able to help. I guess instead of being afraid though I can turn it into next weeks goal. I think that is what I will do. Wish me lots of luck because I am going to need it. I know it would be counterproductive for me to turn the chair around and face her but I really think it would help if I didn't have to look at her. I know it all sounds so weird. I just have a real issue with looking at her when I talk to her. For one thing I do not like anyone to see me cry. Second reason I feel such shame over it all.. 

3 comments:

  1. You've takin the words right out of my mouth. Next week I am also going to talk to my therapist and tell her the things on my mind, but I'm also not going to face her, so you turn that chair around, do what you need to do as long as you get that hurt out of you somehow and know that I'm here supporting you (even from far away) the entire time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much. You are the best friend anyone could have. You are there for the good and the bad times

    ReplyDelete